- 1 1/2 pounds lamb stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, ided
- 3 large onions, quartered
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- In a Dutch oven, brown meat in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add onions, carrots and remaining oil to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes, broth, salt, pepper and lamb. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove meat and vegetables to a large bowl; keep warm. Pour pan juices into another bowl; set aside. In the Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parsley, chives, thyme, and meat and vegetables; heat through.
<>Recipe Source: AllRecipes.com</>