March 15, 2014
We’re Hiring a Service Manager!
Denver Service Manager Job
If you’re an experienced Service Manager and you’re looking for a new job, you’ve probably already figured out there aren’t a whole lot of companies hiring right now. This economy has made it hard for companies to prosper and grow. Less work for them means fewer opportunities for you.
That means you’ll probably have to settle for a job that’s less appealing than you’d like. You may have to work longer hours, take less pay or work on jobs that are beneath you. That’s why we’d like you to consider applying with Denver’sApplewood Plumbing Heating & Electric.
Finding great managers is just as challenging for us as finding a great job is for you. We’re very particular about the people we hire. That means we have to look inside and outside of our area and seek out the best people in the industry, wherever they are.
Applewood is one of the oldest residential service companies in the Denver Area, and the largest. We’ve been around since 1973 under the same family ownership. We’re very well-known and enjoy a great reputation. We’ve succeeded because we strive to exceed our customers’ expectations and deliver the most professional service available. It takes a special type of person to fit in at Applewood–one that’s not easy to find.
What we expect from you…
The Service Manager will direct and coordinate all service activities at Applewood to maximize efficiency and profitability. This will include managing staff and exceeding customer expectations by establishing and accomplishing the highest quality service call, every time.
Because you’ll be a key member of our management team, you must be highly presentable, exceptionally friendly, completely honest, and totally professional. You must be capable of leading a diverse group of technicians by providing them with technical guidance, honest feedback and clear direction. You should have a good grasp of the financial side of our industry and a true commitment to an aggressive growth plan.
What you can expect from us…
We are exclusively a residential service company. We do plumbing, drain cleaning, HVAC, and electrical work. As a Service Manager at Applewood you’ll receive top pay and incentives. You’ll be given everything you need to succeed including training, support, a phone, company paid uniforms and uniform service and more. You’ll receive some amazing benefits like 100% paid medical premiums with coverage for you and your family. We also offer dental, vision, and disability insurance. We offer paid vacation, 7 paid holidays per year (including your birthday), and a 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
Of course we do have some minimum requirements. Please do not apply unless this describes you:
• You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or at least 5 years of management experience
• Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Ability to inspire and lead others to attain company goals
• Detail oriented and highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities
• Strong verbal and written communications
• Quick, sound decision-making abilities
• Good presentation and public speaking skills
• Ability to build trust and demonstrate empathy
• Engaging personality that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment
• Highly motivated, flexible and great attitude on life
• Passionate about Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric
• You can pass a drug test and background check
To apply for the Service Manager position, click here.