When you have burst, cracked, leaking, or even just noisy pipes, call Applewood for fast and reliable gas and water pipe repairs. Our licensed plumbers will ensure that your home doesn’t suffer unnecessary damage from broken pipes or that gas pipes don’t become a hazard to your family. We can also replace old water pipes where your water pressure has slowed and perform drain pipe replacement when your sewer line has seen its last flush.
Applewood’s experts offer a comprehensive suite of pipe replacement and repair solutions in Denver, Boulder, and Longmont. During the long Colorado winters, we’re on call to help with frozen pipes. Don’t let a cracked water pipe ruin your day. Whatever your pipe inspection, repair, and replacement needs, Applewood is the service to call.
Reasons You Have Corroded or Broken Water Pipes
Pipe damage can lead to a variety of plumbing repairs but where does the damage start? Some of the most common reasons why pipes break or become damaged include:
- Freezing or rapid temperature fluctuation: Freezing temperatures or temperature fluctuations can force pipes to warp or buckle. Water trapped within frozen pipes can cause them to burst.
- General corrosion: Pipes corrode for several reasons: If your water is overly acidic or hard, if your pipes are older, or they were installed incorrectly you will likely have some form of pipe corrosion. Rusty, corroded water pipes often sprout a small leak that expands into a larger leak.
- Aging: Pipes wear out and break down naturally over time, especially if they’re made of outdated materials like galvanized piping. Even copper pipes that last 50+ years eventually wear out and need to be replaced.
- Physical damage: The water rushing through pipes can wear on existing physical damage until tiny breaks widen and cause leaks or ruptures.
- High water pressure: If your home’s water pressure is too high, all that pressure could strain your pipes as water flows through them. If you have rattling pipes, it could be due to a water pressure issue.
- Improper installation: If your pipes were installed incorrectly, they will likely wear out sooner or can come undone from their fasteners and begin to leak.
- Low-quality material: Older homes may still use steel pipes or other substandard materials like iron or even lead. These materials are more fragile and wear out faster than their contemporary counterparts. A plumber can help identify what material your pipes are made of and recommend upgrades.
- Long term cracks: Hairline fractures that accumulate inside pipes as the result of stress can widen over time until they compromise the structural integrity of the pipe itself.
Plumbing Pipe Repairs: The Applewood Difference
Whether you need pipe repair now or you’re looking to diagnose a possible problem, Applewood is the service to call. We’ll arrive on time, conduct a thorough inspection of your plumbing pipes, identify any and all problems you may have, and propose the best and safest way to make repairs. Our licensed technicians know how to fix broken plumbing pipes but we don’t start work until you understand what we’ll do and agree that it’s the best option for you.
Services Applewood provides includes:
- Leaky or clogged pipe repair/ replacement
- Gas line repair/replacement
- Trenchless pipe repair
- Water pressure repair
- Video pipe inspection
Need help right now? Read this post to learn how to find and use your water shutoff valve in case of an emergency. Then call us right away!
Check out our blog for answers to common pipe-related questions like “Why do pipes sometimes burst in winter?”
Repairing Pipe and Plumbing Issues in the Denver Metro
When you need pipe repair and replacement count on Applewood, to deliver fast and reliable service. We’ve been in business in the greater Denver-Boulder area for over 50 years. In that time, we’ve maintained a 96% on-time service record and have earned over 300,000 repeat customers. The Denver-Boulder and Longmont residents who choose Applewood for plumbing services keep choosing us, because we keep delivering the best service possible, every time. Applewood offers extended 6am to 10pm services, 7 days a week because your pipe repair can’t always wait. Call Applewood today. We look forward to earning your repeat business!