Remove Dry Winter Blues with a Whole House Humidifier Installation
There’s a science to managing comfort in your Denver home, and Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric knows just how to do it.
Below 30% relative humidity, people can be uncomfortable and can suffer from dry mucous membranes which can lead to nosebleeds and infections. Low humidity can also aggravate the symptoms of asthma and high humidity at high temperatures can sometimes lead to heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
Whole house humidifiers are installed in the ductwork and placed next to your furnace. They use heated air from the furnace to evaporate water, which then gets circulated through the home. Most whole house humidifiers automatically adjust to a specially programmed moisture level that is appropriate for a home in the Denver area.
6 Major Benefits of Installing a Whole House Humidifier
- Sleeping in an environment with proper humidity levels reduces sinus issues and dry skin.
- Increasing your home’s humidity percentage to between 30 and 50 percent makes the air feel warmer, allowing the thermostat to be lowered by as much as eight degrees.
- Dry air can induce shocks from excess static electricity and damage in-home furnishings.
- A whole house humidifier only utilizes 1.5 to 12 gallons of water per day, which is a small investment for a large benefit
- Humidifiers help fight sickness because being able to control the amount of moisture in your air allows you to halt the development of virus-causing dust and mold.
- Whole house humidifiers require much less maintenance than smaller units because filters are replaced only once per year, during the cold season.
Other Air Conditioning Services We Provide