Outdated, inefficient, or faulty electrical wiring is unfortunately common in homes around the Denver-Boulder-Longmont area. If your electrical system doesn’t work as well as it should, don’t wait for further breakdown or put your home at risk. Applewood’s fully licensed Colorado electricians can start your electrical upgrades today. Whether it’s replacing your electrical panel or adding new outlets to your home office, our pros will do the job efficiently and reliably.
Whether you have serious concerns or just early questions about your home’s electrical system, Applewood wants to help. Our electrical experts are ready to:
- Inspect your current system
- Increase your electrical capacity
- Replace outdated fuse boxes
- Install new outlets
- Replace faulty circuit breakers
- Upgrade your electrical panel
- Rewire your whole home
- Add a car charging station
Call us any time between 6am and 10pm, 7 days a week. We work long days so you don’t have to pay after hours fees. Unsure whether you need to consider scheduling an electrical inspection? Here are a couple of signs to look for:
Signs You Should Upgrade Your Home’s Electrical System
If you can’t remember the last time your home’s wiring was inspected, it may be a good idea to have a licensed electrician take a look. Our experts will be able to tell you how old your wiring, fuse box or circuit breaker and fixtures are, how well they’re working and whether they pose any risks to your family.
You should also schedule an inspection if you notice any of the following problems:
- Tingling sensations when you touch any outlet
- Your lights frequently flicker or dim
- Your circuit breakers frequently trip
- Your home still operates on fuses
- Outlets or appliances produce a burning smell
- Outlets spark, melt, overheat, warp or look discolored
- Your kitchen or bathroom lacks resettable GFCI outlets
- You rely on power strips for outlets
Why Should I Invest in Electrical System Upgrades?
Replacing your home’s wiring or installing an electrical panel upgrade is a smart investment that improves the safety and the value of your home. It could help with:
- Energy efficiency: Upgraded, contemporary electrical systems are far more energy-efficient than their outdated analogs. You’ll get more reliable, safe electricity and pay less for it.
- Capacity: Decades ago, the average home needed about 60 amps of electricity to cover all of its needs. Today, however, the average home requires around 100 to 150 amps. If you’re still relying on a 60 amp system, you likely notice all kinds of potentially-dangerous (and expensive!) problems.
- Convenience: An outdated electrical system often means that you need more outlets than you have. If the outlets you do have lack the right number of prongs, or they aren’t GFCI outlets, we can upgrade them as well as install additional outlets.
- Applications: While adding electrical upgrades to your home, you can easily install new systems onto it. Expand your coverage to your unfinished basement, garage, outdoor patio and more.
- Resale value: Replacing outdated, potentially faulty electrical wiring with a reliable modern alternative is a great way to raise the resale value of your home.
Why Choose Applewood for Wiring and Home Electrical Panel Upgrades?
Applewood has been providing home electrical services for Denver, Boulder and Longmont residents for over 50 years. In that time we’ve answered over 300,000 service calls and have arrived at our appointments on time over 96% of the time. Our reliable services mean that over 60% of our customers call us back for all of their plumbing, heating and electrical services.
Our technicians arrive on time with a fully-stocked orange truck containing all the tools and parts they need for your electrical work, panel installation or rewiring. We’ll do the job quickly, efficiently, and effectively. And most importantly, we’ll follow our Code of Ethics every step of the way in order to make sure you’re happy and cared for.
If you’re interested in scheduling an electrical inspection, electric panel replacement or other upgrades, fill out the form to the left or give Applewood a call at 303-328-3060. We look forward to earning your repeat business!