Home power failures and electrical malfunctions are serious and potentially dangerous problems. We know that your power is crucial to your work and life. Whether you have flickering lights, a smoking outlet, or an outdated electrical panel that keeps tripping, you don’t want to wait long to have your electrical problem resolved. With Applewood, you get the best electricians in Denver, Boulder and Longmont, ready to serve you. Schedule a licensed Applewood technician now using the form in the left margin.
Serving Your Electric Needs When You Need
Whether you simply have electrical questions or you need your entire home electrical system upgraded, Applewood’s licensed electricians have the tools and experience to help. Contact us with any electrical issue between 6am and 10pm, seven days a week. Our Denver area electricians will arrive on time with everything they need to identify and solve your problem.
Complete Denver Electrical Services
With the increased reliance on technology and the electrical demands it puts on your home, trust the licensed electricians in Denver to keep your home safe and properly wired. Applewood services provides most electrical repairs including:
- Electrical panel repair and replacement
- Electrical outlet repair and installation
- Replace faulty wiring
- Indoor/Outdoor GFCI outlet
- Ceiling fan repair and installation
- Attic fan installation and repair
- Bathroom exhaust fan installation and repair
- Car charging station
- Power surge protection
- Light switch repair
- Flickering lights
- Upgrade or replacement circuits
When it comes to repairing and replacing your electrical, trust the licensed pros at Applewood. Use the links below to learn more.
Why Choose Applewood as Your Denver Residential Electricians?
Applewood has been providing electrical services to homes in Denver, Boulder, Longmont and the surrounding area for over 50 years. We’ve responded to over 300,000 service calls and maintained an on-time service record of over 96%.
See why over 60% of our first-time customers end up becoming regulars for all of their plumbing, heating and electrical services. Having the best electricians in Denver means that we’ll arrive on time, treat your home with the utmost respect according to our Code of Ethics, and get the job done right.
Fill out the form to the left or call us at 303-328-3060. Our professional electricians look forward to earning your repeat business!
Common Home Electrical Upgrades on a Family Budget
Applewood provides expert electrical work for many common home projects that make your home safer and more efficient. Get in touch with us for:
- Electric vehicle charging station installation. As more Denver homeowners make the switch to electric vehicles, they also need the power to keep them on the road. Add a dedicated charging port in your garage to ensure that your home can accommodate the new demand.
- Ceiling fan installation. Adding ceiling fans to your home can reduce your heating and cooling costs by circulating the air more evenly. It’s a small investment that can greatly improve your quality of life and home’s value.
- Attic fan installation. An attic exhaust fan will vent hot air in the summer, help reduce ice dams in the winter and keep moisture out all year long. Call us to appraise your attic ventilation issues.
- Outdoor and GFCI electrical outlet installation. Adding outlets anywhere in your home helps take the burden off of overloaded circuits. If you need GFCI outlets to protect valuable appliances or outdoor outlets to power your patio, schedule with our team today.
- Indoor and outdoor lighting. Brighten your home with a new lighting strategy. Our technicians can transform your kitchen, entertainment room, deck or hot tub with modern lighting that makes an impact.
Frequently Asked Electrical Questions
Why do my lights flicker?
If your lights flicker periodically or dim while you use an appliance, it means that your circuit doesn’t have enough dedicated electricity to power everything you want to use. Upgrading your electrical panel is the best solution to keep your home’s power supply safe and sufficient.
Do I need a permit to upgrade my electrical panel in Colorado?
Yes. Replacing or reconfiguring your home electrical panel is a potentially deadly job that is best left to trained and licensed professionals. Contact us to assess your panel and pull the necessary permit. It won’t take long to get your upgrade underway.
How much does it cost to upgrade my electrical panel?
On average, it costs $1,000-$3,000 to go from 100 amps to 200 amps. It will depend on the size of your panel, if you’re upgrading or replacing your panel and if you need to relocate it.
Does homeowner’s insurance cover electrical panel replacement?
If your panel was destroyed by fire, tornado or other natural disaster, insurance will cover the work. If your panel is older and not up to code, they might. Older electric panels can become a fire hazard and your insurer would be smart to update it. Have Applewood assess your panel and then check with your insurance company to see what their coverage includes.
How do you know when to replace your electrical panel?
If your electrical panel is more than 20 years old, if it operates at 100 amps or less or if you find circuits tripping often, it’s time to upgrade. As homes use more devices and draw more power, older electric panels have difficulty keeping up. Don’t let chronic problems knock your power out.
Why hire a state licensed electrician to work on my home?
State electrical codes strictly regulate the way your home electrical needs to be configured. These protocols are designed to keep you and your family safe from electrical hazards. They are also mandatory if you’re buying or selling a house. Keep your home up to local codes with an electrician who has been certified by the state, like those at Applewood.