GFCIs are Life Savers
You may have seen this different looking outlet in your home. It’s called a ground fault circuit interrupter outlet or GFCI. Typically you’ll find them in your bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room, garage and outdoor locations where you have access to water. Their function is to protect you from electrical shock, because as you probably know water and electricity are a deadly combination. Let’s say an item like a hair dryer is plugged into a GFCI outlet and that item comes into contact with water, the combination of electricity and water will trip the GFCI off within as little as a 40th of a second saving you from certain disaster. If a GFCI outlet repeatedly trips chances are it’s old or it’s faulty. Discontinue use of the outlet and have it replaced. If you’re unsure if your GFCI outlets are working properly, give us a call we’ll be happy to help you out.
Our electricians are licensed, drug tested and background checked so you can feel confident having us in your home. Call Applewood today!