Below are our tips that can help save money:
- Turn off air conditioning before leaving the house unattended for a long period of time and replace all central air conditioning filters each month to maintain a high working efficiency.
- Check sprinkler timing and coverage to avoid overwatering.
- Keep indoor heat at a minimum by letting dishes air dry, running the dryer at night and using the microwave. By reducing oven use, the home can stay cool while food is still hot.
- By watering early in the morning when temperatures are lower, evaporation can be reduced and watering will be more effective.
- Only plug in appliances and electronics while in use. Chargers, gaming devices and DVD players can all easily be left unplugged while unneeded.
- Close blinds and windows during the day to keep hot, outside air from warming the house.
- Turn off the faucet while brushing teeth, shaving and face washing to reduce waste of water.
- Take showers instead of baths. An efficient shower will use less water than filling a bathtub.
- Avoid using a hose for cleaning porches, sidewalks and driveways. Sweeping is a more cost effective and less wasteful way to clean.
- When able, use a fan instead of air conditioning. Energy will be saved by reducing frequent thermostat adjustments and using a portable fan during short time increments spent at home.
It is also important to keep all plumbing and electric services updated and working efficiently. Don’t Forget, you can call Applewood at (303) 232-6611 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.