Pecan Crusted Tilapia Recipe
April 15, 2013
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup low-fat buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 – 6 ounce tilapia filets
- 1 tablespoon oil, divided
- Lemon wedges
- Combine breadcrumbs, pecans, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Combine buttermilk and hot sauce in a medium bowl
- Place flour in a third dish
- Dredge 1 filet in flour, dip into buttermilk mixture, then breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with remaining filets.
- Heat 1 ½ tsp oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook 2 filets for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily.
- Add remaining oil and cook the 2 additional filets.
- Serve with lemon wedges.