May 5, 2015
Sump Pumps: Your Best Defense Against Flooding!
Your sump pump could be your best defense against flooding during periods of steady or heavy rain. Sump pumps should be checked regularly to make sure that it is in proper working condition.
Maintenance Tips for Sump Pumps:
- Remove the cover and slowly pour water into the sump tank.
- Watch for the “float” to rise and trigger the pump.
- Once the pump is engaged, the water level will quickly lower and the float will shut off the pump. This is what is called “a normal sump cycle”. Most problems with the sump pump are float related. If the pump does not start, the float may be hanging on something in the tank. A simple repositioning of the pump should solve the problem.
- If this fails, the float may need replacement.
- If the pump fails to shut off when the water level drops to the bottom of the sump tank, this indicates a new float is needed.
Applewood’s state licensed plumbers are sump pump experts. Call today for any sump issues you may be experiencing. Print the coupon below: